Thursday 6 September 2012

So that was fun as that interview with Inguis/Best/Interserve went south as it could be



So two weeks ago I should have seen the adviser. She had booked a holiday and left the rest in the lurch. Not only go away for 2 days but fail to notify clients that she was away for a few days.

So with that another appointment booked and off I went.

So yesterday with Interserve my brother went there. Again they failed to notify clients that the person was on holiday for 3 weeks. Maybe it was a short rush holiday but it seems it was spoken to with my brother but it seems to have gone ahead anyway. So a waste of time for him going there. It sort of makes you think that having a company that deals with unemployed people that wasting time is a good thing for them. How making them spend money on buses (of which they are reimbursed double as they pay to get there themselves and paid money for bus fare back along with original bus fare and whatever is left over).

So I go there today and it seems the adviser is running over time. My appointment is 10am. I get seen at 10.20am. So I spent 20 minutes looking at other people go before me. IF there is a half hour slot then stick to that half hour. Don't eat into my allotted time slot for to see them. Either deal with it quickly of finish it another time. This is what they call in traffic management as a shunt effect. A car brakes and sets off the others to brake. It goes like a shock wave down the lane and then causes cars to stop for ages. So when a car 1 mile away is in a jam and then finds it has been for nothing they get angry. Well it is the same here
I get called by the adviser and already I have had enough. I was on the point of leaving with waiting for over 20 minutes in a reception area where if you get more than 6 people in it becomes crowded. So with that I waited. Wasting time as i were.

So when I sat down I get asked that proverbial question "What have you been doing to look for work?" And I say what I have done. Apparently not applying for work over a period of two weeks where there is no real work to do is as bad as me leaving a turd on the throne of the UK. So then I am asked where is my CV? Is it not on the computer? I asked of which the reply was no. I asked why was it not on the server and the answer was that it was not on her machine as it was on someones other machine. Well, could you not have asked for it? After all you have said you did take over other peoples work load so would it not be too difficult to ask if they have a copy of the CV on their files?

Apparently, she had not thought of that. Incompetence I say. It is good to assume you have taken over said caseload and ask for relevant information so you have something to work with. But no, this is not what happened.

Then she says minimum wage. Work on that. Great if you want to work in a shop somewhere that may make you pay out more than you do in travel. Basically it like working for free... No wait, Paying them to work is more like it. All money for rent, food, electric on meters (which cost more than standard meters). All that is done when unemployed. Then you have council tax to pay. More rent to pay the landlord as you are now working. And still you have to work. On minimum wage you are working on the borderline of being unemployed. To get out of the trap you need to be earning at least 20-30 pence more than the £6.08 per hour. At least you are getting something in return and it is not zero hour rate.

So now after that it went south and in the end she felt as though my attitude was not good for employers. So if you went to an interview and waited for 20 minutes, wouldn't you be angry or a bit off edge?
Now she does not want me on her caseload and it has gone to the manager. Fine. Waiting around or not being told when the person is on holiday or not available is fine. Turning up and finding out the non availability of a adviser you are booked to see or run late is really bad manners.

So much for them making me feel welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment